1. Ben Howard’s “These Waters” –> ever heard a song and immediately realized every single word is reverberating through your heart and tugging on the parts of you where feelings hide? These Waters did this to me the first week of September. I probably listened to it 10x a day.
What we found down these roads that wander as lost as the heart,
Is a chance to breathe again, a chance for a fresh start.
Spaces between the happiness and the hardness.
2. Camping–> I slept in a tent. Like, a real on-the-ground-in-a-sleeping-bag tent. Also? I didn’t hate it. Mainly because I was with really fun friends and we were seeing really amazing concerts. Also, sweating a lot as it was nearly 100 degrees. But that’s a conversation for another day.
3. Babies –> Ya’ll, this tiny child. I finally met Jack Brosnahan and my entire heart and soul withered away at the cutest nose and tiniest, featheriest hair.
LOOK AT THAT. I can’t.
4. New York City –> Oh, don’t mind me just visiting NYC for the third time this year. AND FINALLY, getting to do the things I wanted to do the first two times around. Hello Matt, Savannah, & Al! Hello MoMA! Hello beautiful weather!
5. Today Show –> So I am a complete morning show geek and watch Today every morning. Getting on this show has been on my list of things to do FOREVER and I DID IT! I woke up at 5 a.m. and, bleary-eyed, crafted a poster asking Al about my neck of the woods and snagged a front-row spot on the Plaza. I was featured in the 8 a.m. lead-in teaser, and waved like a crazy person in multiple segments between 8:30 and 8:45. I also took a picture with Savannah Guthrie and chatted with Matt Lauer. Dreams coming true before 9 a.m. eastern is a pretty cool feeling – I suggest it to anyone.
6. Ellen is back –> The Ellen show is such a bright spot on my DVR. My DVR is generally filled with scary crime dramas or scripted family-issue shows, but I always record Ellen. She is so kind and hilarious – and shows me fantastic videos. Like what does the fox say?
7. Still –> I alluded to this in August’s Things. I don’t do well with still, and apparently I took this statement to heart and ran as hard and fast as possible through September. This month was a whirlwind of travel, work, church and gym. I felt busy and also very tired. So, October will be more about balance.
8. October –> SO EXCITED FOR THE RETURN OF MY FAVORITE MONTH. October will include trips to Oklahoma, football, pumpkin parties, making soup and a blog post everyday as I link up (as I did last year) to the 31 days series. Check back Tuesday to discover what I’m doing for 31 days straight!
9. Friends –> Aside from one of the best binge-watch-of-reruns shows ever, Friends had an amazing lineup of cameos throughout the series. Did you know Alec Baldwin, Charlie Sheen, Dakota Fanning and Reese Witherspoon are on the list? You know now.
10. Food –> I take an extraordinary amount of pictures of food. Mostly food I cook, but also food I buy in delightful bakeries and restaurants. So here are some of the items I ate in September:
See you Tuesday for the first day of 31 Days!